Building a software-defined foundation for next generation vehicles
Creating Digitally Dynamic vehicles requires evolving the vehicle technology stack. At the network level, Ethernet and IP have emerged as the foundation of next-generation in-vehicle networks—though CAN networks will co-exist for many years. 5G will not only accelerate vehicle connectivity, but also spur rapid growth in real-time hybrid vehicle-cloud applications. And Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and containerization will usher in a new generation of vehicle software that is flexible and updatable, while in-vehicle automation will enable new features without requiring new software. These technologies are among the key foundational elements of software-defined vehicles that will drive a surge of innovation in the automobile and beyond.
However, the dynamic vehicle environments enabled by these advances also bring new requirements and challenges. In-vehicle networks and cloud connectivity need to be actively managed to ensure optimal performance. Dynamic software updates need to be orchestrated to install easily, quickly, and reliably—without impacting user experience or vehicle safety. And holistic cybersecurity is required to protect against expanding attack surfaces and bad actors. Sonatus has automakers covered with our comprehensive suite of dynamic in-vehicle infrastructure products.
Sonatus Dynamic In-Vehicle Infrastructure
Sonatus’ solution orchestrates, optimizes, and secures increasingly complex, dynamic, and connected vehicles. Our network and connectivity products help ensure optimized performance across hybrid networks—enabling multi-protocol, multi-technology networks to function seamlessly and safely. And Sonatus’ holistic, proactive, multi-layered vehicle cybersecurity products enhance vehicle security and resilience. All our solutions are secure by design—with technologies like authentication and encryption integrated throughout the architecture.
Sonatus cloud-empowered and dynamically managed solutions allow automakers to quickly and easily manage network, connectivity, and security changes with Codeless Updates—during development and throughout the vehicle lifetime.
- Optimize performance and update functionality easily, quickly, and safely as vehicle applications evolve
- Diagnose issues and validate functionality faster during development and after line off
- Automatically block known threats and identify suspicious network traffic
- Respond quickly to issues and security threats with Codeless updates
- Reduce operation costs with cloud-based monitoring and management
ProductsSonatus In-Vehicle Network Optimizer
Dynamic optimization of Ethernet network performance
- Monitoring of network port status, bandwidth statistics, and errors
- Live traffic inspection and segmentation
- Dynamic network configuration with Codeless updates
- Cloud configuration of a wide range of network parameters
Dynamic control of communications into and out of the vehicle
- QoS and APN traffic steering for vehicle-to-cloud traffic
- Cloud usage monitoring and data cap enforcement
- VLAN-based and subnet-based traffic isolation in-vehicle
- Dual-Stack IPv4-IPv6 support
Dynamic control of in-vehicle data and functionality sharing
- SDK turns any application into a service producer or consumer
- Fast, centrally controlled data and services advertisement, subscription, and access
- Detection and recovery from critical errors to avoid disruption of services
- Compatible with containerized applications and services
- Cloud-based configuration and monitoring
Multi-layered protection with advanced cyber threat defense technology
- Network Firewall protects against known attacks
- Anomaly-based Intrusion Detection (Network-Based Analysis) identifies suspicious traffic
- Denial-of-Service (DoS) attack detection
- Authentication of applications, services, and ECUs