This policy was last updated on November 3, 2020.
What Information We Collect
Through your use of our Web Site, we may collect one or more of the following types of personal information directly from you:
- Your name, title, the name of your employer or the name of your company, your business and/or personal email address, your company’s web site address and any other information that you voluntarily provide to us; and
- Information you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys or other promotional offers.
Our Web Site and marketing are not directed to and Sonatus does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you nevertheless believe that your child has provided us with their personal information and you need to let us know to delete it, please contact us by emailing us at email@example.com.
How We Use Information About You
We may use the information we collect from you or about you in order to provide you with the following:
- Where it is necessary for us to enter into a contract with you (including acting upon your request for employment with us) and provide our products and services to you for the duration of the contract, including
- To assist the transactions that you request.
- To provide products or services through your use of our Web Site or to respond to your inquiries.
- To provide the information and results that we promised to deliver in connection with your use of our Web Site, including
- To communicate important information about the products or services that you are interested in.
- To assist us in enhancing the quality of our Web Site and to help us learn how our potential customers or end users navigate and utilize our Web Site so that we may deliver a customized and better experience for our potential customers and end-users.
- To compile statistics and analysis about your use of our Web Site, how and where you are locating and/or accessing our Web Site. These statistics are used only to enable us to provide better customer service, products, features and functionality to you and other customers in the future.
- To develop a profile of you and your interactions with us so that we can provide tailored offers, opportunities and services that may be of interest to you.
- To protect our legal rights and manage the security of our networks and property, including to protect our Web Site from security incidents and abuse.
- To share your information with third parties in order to prevent fraud, criminal or other inappropriate behavior and protect our business interests and rights, privacy, safety and property, or that of the public.
- To share your information with third parties in order to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit damage that we may sustain and to enforce the terms of any commercial agreement or our terms and conditions. We will also disclose your information to third parties if the rights of another individual may be violated.
- To send you certain targeted marketing communications, opportunities, experience surveys and marketing promotions from us or through a third party acting on our behalf that may be of interest to you.
- To send you messages in order to provide you with time sensitive communications related to your transaction.
- Where necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, such as to respond to a request for information from a government authority or other party when we are required by law or in response to legal process, obligation or request.
Security of Your Personal Information
We make reasonable efforts to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk associated with the processing of your personal information. We maintain organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect your personal information within our organization against unauthorized access, distribution, loss, alteration or misuse. Whenever we share your personal information with others, we also insist that they do the same. Your personal information is also only accessible to a limited number of personnel who need access to the information in order to perform their duties and if we share with or receive personal information about you with or from others, all data transmissions are encrypted or otherwise conducted in a reasonably secure manner. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised, please contact us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we provide you with the option to register as a user we shall set up your account using a password-protected code. We will allow you to edit your user registration information by using your user name, email address and password. We strongly recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone and should we provide you with the ability to register with us, we provide you with instructions on how to select a strong password. You may change your password at any time and all password resets are communicated to you using only the email address that you submitted to us. Also, remember to sign out of your registration account and close your browser whenever you have finished your browser session.
Retention (Storage) of Your Personal Information
We retain your personal information for as long as we need to fulfill our business purposes, as set out below:
- Marketing purposes: We retain for a period of time certain of your personal identification so that we may continue to market our Web Site to you.
- Product and service transactions: We retain for a period of time your personal information associated with any of your registered user accounts with us so long as your transaction with us has not otherwise been expired or terminated.
- Use of our products and services and customer service related queries: We retain for a period of time the information associated with your use of our Web Site, including information, queries and feedback that you provided to us in connection with your use of our Web Site.
- Disputes & law enforcement: If we are involved in litigation or a governmental or regulatory investigation, then we keep information throughout the period of litigation or investigation and for a period of time after that. If a settlement means that we have to keep information longer, then we keep information for the period required to administer the settlement. If we provide information to law enforcement agencies, then we keep a record of this for a period of time beyond the end of the investigation.
Who We Share Information With
Our Service Providers and Business Partners
We may share all or some portion of your information with our trustworthy service providers and business partners (1) in order for us to provide you with our Web Site, (2) to enhance the functionality, features and quality of our Web Site, (3) to help us store and host our Web Site, to make it function properly and in a secure manner, (4) to monitor our own systems and operations to maintain their performance and security for the benefit of our customers and their use of the Web Site, (5) to help us complete a transaction with you, to help us attract you to the Web site and become a customer of ours or to fulfill an order, service or delivery request, (6) to produce the data our Web Site is intended to generate for our users and customers, (7) to help us send you notifications regarding our Web Site or to respond to your inquiries, (8) to help us activate, monitor and analyze the data generated by our Web Site and to trouble-shoot and analyze the performance of our Web Site, (9) to provide you with surveys, promotional, advertising or marketing information about our Web Site and to collect information about you especially if you are going to use one of our products or services, and (10) to allow you to receive certain services offered by our service providers or business partners.
All of our third party service providers and business partners are restricted from sharing your information with others for any other purposes.
If we seek to sell anything to you, all of financial payment information will be handled, stored and processed by our payment processor in accordance with the payment card industry data security standards. We will not store, process or transmit any of your financial data on our systems and we will rely entirely on our payment service provider to handle these functions.
Your personal information may also be shared as needed with government authorities for law enforcement, to respond to a request for information from a government authority or other party when we are required by law or in response to legal process, obligation or request.
Sale, Merger or Change in Control
Your information may also be transferred to another company in the event of a transfer, change of ownership, reorganization or assignment of all or part of Sonatus’ business or assets. This will occur if the parties have entered into an agreement under which the collection, use and disclosure of the information is limited to those purposes of the business transaction, including a determination whether or not to proceed with the business transaction. We will post a prominent notice on our website for thirty (30) days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information or as otherwise may be required or permitted by law.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law grants you certain specific rights regarding your personal information. However, not all California data privacy laws apply to all businesses that do business in California. We continually monitor all legal developments in order to assess which California privacy laws are applicable to Sonatus.
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine-The-Light” law, California residents have the right to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purpose and the names and addresses of all third parties with whom we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
Your GDPR Privacy Rights
If you are an individual located in any one of the European Union (EU) member countries, the United Kingdom, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland and you provide us with your personal data, you are afforded widespread privacy rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) effective May 25, 2018. Under the GDPR, higher standards on what is considered the lawful processing of your data are imposed; there are more explicit privacy rights afforded to you; and there are accountability standards imposed on organizations that collect, handle, store and/or process your data.
We have been working diligently along with our trustworthy partners to implement an organizational, technical and cooperative framework so that all of your rights are respected and honored by us and our partners with respect to the collection, handling, storing and processing of your data.
Under the GDPR, the moment that we first collect your data, you are afforded various new privacy rights, including but not necessarily limited to:
- The right to know who decided what personal data is being collected from you and the purpose behind doing so
- The right to know each purpose and legal justification why your personal data is being collected and processed and why collecting and processing it is needed to accomplish the disclosed purpose(s)
- The identity or categories of all third party recipients who are to receive your personal data
- The right to know if your personal data is to be transferred out of your EU member country or other GDPR compliant country
- The right to know how long your personal data will be stored and not to have it stored longer than needed to accomplish the stated purpose
- The right to access, receive or correct your personal data at any time
- The right to have your personal data erased (where there is no longer legal or necessary grounds to process or store your personal data)
- The right to have your personal data transferred to another at any time
- The right to restrict or otherwise object to, the processing of your personal data at any time where your personal data is not accurate, where the processing is unlawful, where your personal data is no longer needed or where there is no longer good legitimate grounds to process your personal data
- The right to easily and conveniently withdraw your consent to the collection, handling, storage and/or processing of your personal data at any time and to complain to us and/or the appropriate GDPR “supervisory authorities” if you believe any of your rights are being violated
- The right to know if you are being “profiled” or “monitored” or if certain decisions are being made automatically based on your personal data
- The right to know and to have your personal data processed only for the purpose that you had provided explicit affirmative informed consent and not for any other purpose from which was either never disclosed to you or for a purpose which you never provided explicit affirmative informed consent
- The right to know that all of the personal data that was collected, handled, stored and processed was needed in order to accomplish the purpose that you have affirmatively and explicitly consented
- The right to know of the consequences should you fail to provide all of the requested data that is being asked of you
While the lawful collection and processing of your personal data is necessary for us to accomplish a stated purpose, enter into a contract for providing our products and services to you, deliver on our contractual promise to provide you with our products and services, perform a task in the public interest, carry out our official authority and/or to perform a legitimate interest, we also strive (where necessary) to always provide you with affirmative options so that you may decide based on informed express consent if you want to have your data processed for a particular purpose. When or if we share your data with third parties, whenever possible, we always inform you of the name of or the categories of the recipients of such data. Further, whenever possible, we strive to make sure that all of the opt-in consents that are presented to you are intended to fully inform you whether you want us to process your data, the purpose behind processing your data and who or the categories of who we will be sharing your data with in order to accomplish that purpose. Also, when you provide us with your personal information using our Web Site all of the information that is collected from you is transferred out of your country to the United States so that we may deliver on our contractual promise to provide you with the products and services or other information that you want to receive. See “What Information We Collect” to know about all of the information that we collect from you.
Note that no data about you will be retained by us for a non-legitimate purpose if you are unable to complete the registration or account creation process or if you decide at any time that you are withdrawing your consent. If you withdraw a previously submitted consent, we shall also inform all of our relevant partners that your consent has been withdrawn.
Note also that we have put into place with each of our trustworthy partners certain mechanisms of cooperation, communication and agreement so that your GDPR privacy rights are also honored by our partners. Accordingly, should you decide to access, rectify, erase, object to or otherwise transfer any of your data that you submitted to us or our distributor or if you wish to withdraw any one or all of your consents, please send your instruction to email@example.com and we will act on it promptly.
Please note that if you are an individual located in an EU member country, the United Kingdom, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland and you have sent to us your personal data unsolicited and not in connection with your use of our products or services, after we have completed our review of your communication, we will appropriately delete your communication, including any personal data that may be contained therein.
If you have any questions or concerns about your rights under the GDPR or the steps that we have taken to comply with the GDPR, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How You Can Contact Us