Systems Test Engineer
Sonatus is seeking a highly motivated Systems Test Engineer to define and design end to end test requirements and solutions for advanced connected car features. Ideal candidates will have in-depth, data center networking and cloud application experience; automotive experience is highly desired. Individuals should be a meticulous organizer, an out-of-the-box thinker, excellent communicator with a positive, can-do attitude and be able to adapt quickly to a fast-paced environment. Must be able to effectively coordinate and communicate project status, follow up on action items, and identify resolution to issues across various teams and partners.
- Define testing strategies by working with product, development and other teams across the company
- Develop detailed test plans per the specifications and execute test cases via a combination of automation or manual testing
- Triage integration issues reported by partners and field problems reported during real vehicle testing. Reproduce problems in house and assist the development team to identify root cause and solutions
- Escalate potential issues (Software, Hardware, Resources) to Project Manager / Exec team
- Track all necessary testing activities, including schedule, resources, and requirements, defects and resolution so that there is a clear alignment across key stakeholders
- Identify areas of improvements in test coverage, methodology and provide suggestions
- Act as the gatekeeper of each release and be the voice for customers and provide constructive feedback
- Minimum with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer engineering, Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering or other related fields with 5-8 years of working experience in data center, networking, security, cloud services or automotive industry. MS preferred.
- Well versed in software development processes of embedded products
- Review and critique product requirement specification, design and functional specification, define test strategy, develop detailed end to end solution test plan and test cases
- Be able to develop, review and modify Python scripts to enhance test coverage
- Must have prior experience working on one or more areas: embedded software in data center offering, security, or cloud services. A solid understanding of automotive networking infrastructure, including the transition and transformation from LIN, CAN, CAN FD to Ethernet, and how different ECUs work together within a vehicle
- Experience in using different test tools: Spirent, IXIA, Vector CANoe or similar products
- Experience with JIRA, Jenkins or similar tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication; and presentation skills
- Experience in automotive design review and audit processes, such as: ISO 26262, Automotive SPICE, or ASIL standards is a plus
- Design and build test benches to test functionality of an ECU and intercommunication of different ECUs in the vehicle
- Create test tools for automation, develop and improve automation scripts
- Work with functional safety engineers to develop test cases and validation criteria to satisfy ISO 26262 requirements
- Well connected to be able to bring other talent is a big plus
Sonatus is a fast-paced and fast-growing automotive software startup at the forefront of disruption in the automotive industry. Founded in 2018 and headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, we are a talented and diverse collection of technology and automotive industry specialists. The team has pioneered and delivered several billion-dollar products across Networking, Security, Cloud, and Virtualization with some of the world's most successful companies.
Sonatus is a tight knit team aligned around a unified vision. We put progress ahead of politics and aren’t afraid of asking the tough questions. Sometimes we get too busy to say it, but you can be confident that you and your contributions will matter every day. We embrace diversity in all regards because respect is ingrained in our every fiber.
Sonatus offers flexible work from home arrangements, great compensation and benefits, equity opportunities, and some surprise perks.